Before the Holiday Making

There were a few things I needed to finish before I started on the Holiday gifts this year. One was this pretty apron for my sister-in-law. Pattern from the very talented Meg at Sew Liberated. My s.i.l. requested one for her birthday. In June.


Oops, let that project slide a little too long. It's just tough to sit inside sewing when there is so much gardening and swimming and barbecuing to be done. So, I told myself that I could not sew one holiday gift before finishing this birthday gift.


Her favorite color is orange, and I happen to know she likes purple too but, I hadn't expected to find a cute fabric with both. This fabric in the top photo and the striped trim are both from Sugarsnap collection by Melissa Averinos. The orange butterfly is Monarch by Valori Wells designs.


And finishing this pretty apron has inspired me to finish a pattern of my own, in the works for some time now, that will also be the first of my home made holiday gifts this year. I hope to have my gifts made and the pattern available for sale soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment