Oh, For the Love of Handmade

I'm not sure why I do this to myself every year but, here I go again. Way too many ideas and not nearly enough time to finish everything. I even added things to my hubby's to do list. I'm beginning to think I may have to trim down my to be made gift list, which stinks because that means adding to the need to be purchased gift list.


It seems cruel that my best ideas come during this busy time of year. Adorable and sweet wish lists from nieces, that have me thinking about making mad scientist lab coats, fleece pj's, and duct tape accessories, may be partially to blame. Not to mention finally giving in to the Pinterest craze.


Anyway, I'm hoping to have the finishing touches on my pattern done soon and will be offering an early release/not yet tested, discount for those interested in downloading. It's really a quick sew. My slow progress has been because of "just right" fabrics being sent from Japan and the fact that every small adjustment I make to the actual garment needs to be made to the pattern too. I forgot just how much time it takes to make a working pattern. And offering it for others to use? For sale? Even tougher.


How are your handmade plans going so far? Do you need to cut back or are you adding to the finished pile with vigor?

No comments:

Post a Comment